Video popularity was on the rise before the pandemic—Cisco had estimated that, by next year, a staggering 82% of all created content would be video. But the pandemic has resulted in skyrocketing of video consumption figures.
According to a study by Wyzowl-2021, people watch an average of 18 hours of online video per week. The study also suggests that 69% of them prefer to watch a short video over text-based articles, websites or posts to learn more about a product or a service. They also feel that videos intrigue them to interact with the creator of the videos because of their appealing nature. 86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
All the above suggest that the customer experience defines the basis for connection with your brand. However, engagement alone doesn’t drive the decision-making. An engaging audience doesn’t always mean surety of sale. The purchase decisions of the customers are solely driven by how well you communicate the value of your products and services with appealing content. When asked to marketers, a majority, 73% of marketers felt that good content is the most important driver behind successful video marketing.
Pharma needs to understand the power of creating and telling a story through videos, especially to doctors. Videos regarding new treatments, procedures, and products are highly beneficial to engage with doctors. They are also very helpful in communicating core marketing messages to the doctors.
Why use Informative Clinical Videos in Pharma Marketing?
- Highly effective: We have already seen how videos drive engagement. In addition, clinical videos made with the experts offer great clinical insights, practice recommendations and strategies to clinical decision making. Due to all these qualities of the clinical videos, they are one of the greatest tools to create excitement, drive loyalty and educate the doctors at the same time.
- To bring clarity in action: A plain clinical text often fails to deliver the message as it tells the course of action to be taken but never really explains how that action is to be taken. For e.g., a plain text flyer explaining a new laparoscopic trocar will never work as well as the video in which the trocar’s new capabilities are demonstrated. Even by the simpler videos, actions such as “how to measure glucose level with accuracy” etc. can be effectively explained in a much shorter time. The visual memory leaves a long-lasting impression on viewers’ minds and helps your brand stay relevant for a long time.
- To remove confusion in decision making: Many surveys suggest that doctors who do not get clear information about the product, may never prescribe it. Many studies have shown that videos increase understanding of products by 62-74% in a much shorter duration. Videos also help the doctors and companies to eliminate any confusion surrounding your product. Since many queries are effectively addressed through the videos, the doctors are less likely to switch to your competitors.
- To prioritize information to be delivered: Visual presentation by videos is very appealing as Pharma companies can control the delivery of marketing messages by focusing on various audiovisual parameters. Great videos focus on avoiding repetitious vocal messages but instead focus on subtly highlighting the values in multiple ways. These factors play an important part in making doctors feel that the content is unique and specially made for them. The sense of exclusivity can help doctors connect with you in a much better way.
How to Create Great Educational Videos for Pharma Marketing?
- Understand the opportunities for great content: Before you even start shooting your videos, understand what doctors need in your product area. Understand the stress points, pain points and most important questions that you predominantly want to address. Understand the burning topics in the therapy area and find out whether you can help address them. Videos on such burning topics not only help you deliver the best message but help you in staying relevant.
- Formulate a great script for your videos: Engaging with clinical educational videos is like golf. You hardly hear loud applause for the win on the golf course as the spectators are scattered everywhere, still, one may be considered highly successful. This is because every spectator has an interest in a different player or different shot played on the golf course. The same thing applies to a clinical educational video. Every doctor has different interest areas, different skills but you need to connect them all through your video. It requires a great script to bring them all together.
- Engage with Leading Influencers for your videos: Though your marketing message or product should be a ‘hero’ of your video, that doesn’t really work all the time. Just like a movie starring superstar like Amitabh Bachchan has more likelihood of success, having a reputed influencer or expert in the specialty can help your product relate to the audience much better.
- Leave food for thought and come back: Your videos should not be one-time activity but should be the part of the chain that addresses the grey areas, myths or unknown features, advantages and benefits surrounding your product or specialty. Learn from every video, understand and analyze the responses of your audience. Make a comeback with follow-up videos or content to address the questions and pain points. This will help you to stay relevant and consistent in your messaging.
How Docplexus Can Help?
Docplexus is a community of over 3,80,000+ registered doctors from 99 different specialties. Docplexus is India’s largest and fastest-growing doctors’ professional platform which has built its reputation as an unbiased, trustworthy and effective platform
We have an in-house specialist Media & Graphics team with expertise in video recording and editing. In addition, our very capable Clinical Engagement team can help your leading KOLs get onboard for informative clinical videos and interviews. Many experts have already shared over 190+ videos in the last year. On average around 700-900 doctors view and engage with these videos in a two-day time period. This just shows how effective videos can be in communicating the message.
We have already engaged and recorded video interviews with over 100+ top KOLs in India. It is our observation that doctors from all the specialties are equally interested and engage with videos and KOL videos. Pharma has a great opportunity to engage with doctors through clinically informative videos provided they publish them on the right platform such as Docplexus.
Speaking on this occasion, the CEO of Docplexus, Dr. Mukesh Parmar said,
“I am truly grateful to our teams, our doctors, and our industry partners that we are in this league of the best healthcare brands today and we have made an incredible mark, despite all the challenges, internal and external!”
“I promise you – this is just the beginning of an even larger social impact with our efforts to create a healthier world through our network. The collective passion of each of our Docplexians will make it happen!”
About The Economic Times Best Healthcare Brands Awards.
The Economic Times Best Healthcare Brand Awards, an initiative by The Economic Times, aims at recognizing the contribution and felicitating the brands that have made a lasting impact in their respective sectors. Stepping into its 4th year, this honor has previously been bestowed upon many national as well as international brands like Abbott, Asian Heart Institute, Dabur India, Cipla Pharmaceuticals, Columbia Aisa, Dr. Batra’s Healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, and GSK to name a few. The felicitated brands are selected based on extensive consideration criteria with parameters like innovation in healthcare, infrastructure, healthcare standards adopted, overall awareness, overall perception, levels of communication and transparency, etc.