Global Life Sciences firm went fully digital to address Patent expiry challenge for a gold-standard drug
About the Industry Partner
Our Industry Partner is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, providing healthcare solutions across 170 countries and 5 major therapy areas including diabetes, cardiovascular, oncology, immunology and specialty care. One of its best selling drug-Clopidogrel (an anti thrombotic which is used for secondary prevention of atherosclerotic events in recent myocardial infarction, stroke or established peripheral arterial diseases and acute coronary syndrome) lost its patent exclusivity.
This report discusses the planning and implementation of a comprehensive digital strategy to minimize the impact of revenue loss & maintain profitability.
Interventional Clinical Cardiologists
Marketing Objectives Identified
How They Did It
They shifted to digital marketing while cutting down sales force cost & maintaining profitability.
Pre- launch Plan
- Identified target audience across Docplexus & Industry Partner’s HCP universe
- Segmentation done on the basis of specialty, clinical belief & prescription pattern
- Engaging formats like case studies, polls, KOL videos & animated videos to emphasize the efficacy & benefits of Clopidogrel over generic versions
- Hyper-personalized messages on the basis of identified segments
- Creation of an “Infocenter,” a dedicated brand/ therapy knowledge microsite to educate and engage target HCPs across 3,80,000+ registered HCPs on Docplexus platform