What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Some of the key privacy and data protection requirements of the GDPR include:
- Visitors consent for data collection & processing
- Anonymization of collected data to protect privacy
- Timely notification during instances of data breach
- Assessment of the site’s data security
- Appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for organizations such as public authorities & organizations dealing with large-scale systematic monitoring of customers.
In addition to that, the GDPR empowers the consumers by providing them more rights in relation to their own personal data that includes, the right to be informed, access, rectification, erasure, object & portability.
Why should online- doctor platforms comply with GDPR guidelines?
Dedicated online-doctor platforms collect personal data of healthcare professionals such as name, address, email ids, medical council registration number, debit/credit card details, their interests & much more in order to provide them with better customized clinical information/services.
GDPR compliance is a big deal for such platforms because of the following reasons:
- Increased transparency
It provides more transparency to the doctors- the users on how their data is used & why. Thus, allowing them to make informed decisions on which websites to trust or avoid based on the data processing.
- Build trust and credibility
Doctors are more likely to trust platforms that follow GDPR rules because they know their personal data provided to avail the services is protected by the law.
- Improved privacy & security
The GDPR sets clear rules for the organizations to maintain the data in secured systems in order to prevent breach of data & improved data protection.
Thus, not allowing them to divulge any account/personal information of their users to clients or knowledge partners without prior consent.
Which type of data can be used by marketers to effectively reach & engage their customers, the doctors?
GDPR nudges marketers to delve deeper into doctors behaviour & understand them better. Wondering, how can you do that without account level data?
Gain insights on doctors’ behaviour as well as need-gap through tools such as:
- Social listening that tracks & analyses conversations happening around your brand on social platforms like online doctor communities.
- Keyword analysis that identifies the most searched topics, queries, webinars specific to your therapy area that further helps to craft communication strategy for different customer cohorts i.e the doctor specialities.
- Engagement metrics for different content formats that help to pick the most engaging content formats based on metrics such as reach, average time spent & engagement rate.
- Mindset analysis that helps marketers precisely understand what & how its target audience think that devise a marketing strategy based on the insights.
Tap the latest insights of your target audience with the help of Docplexus. We offer you a wide range of solutions to recognize the needs & expectations of your target group & formulate a customized strategy.
*Personal Data refers to any information used to identify an individual related to private, public or professional life such as name, location, number, email addresses, bank details, social media posts, medical information, IP addresses, etc.